May 31, 2004

My Mom's trip to US.

For the Memorial day weeekend, we decided to take off to Washington, D.C for 2 days.
DAY1: We went to IKEA for some design ideas for the new house. My mom was very keen about the design ideas and she really liked it. We got tired after a few hours and checked into the nearby hotel, "Best Western Potomac Mills Hotel", later had dinner at Olive Garden ('twas Anu's Idea) - (Chicken Marsala, Chicken Girardino & Stuffed Chicken Pasta). We took Mom down the memory lane, and she told us a lot of interesting stuff I never knew about my mom.
Day 2: Got up and went to Franconia-Springfield Metro station, parked our car and went to the Smithsonian's - Air and Space, Hirshhorn, Natural History Museum and finally watched T-Rexx in IMAX theater. My Mom enoyed the trip, and I enjoyed immensely just being with her, and just spending quality time. Anu has always been as entertaining and lively as ever.